By Jake Spurlock
Detect how effortless it's to layout killer interfaces and responsive web content with the Bootstrap framework. This useful publication will get you began construction pages with Bootstrap’s HTML/CSS-based instruments and layout templates straight away. You’ll additionally the right way to expand your app with interactive positive aspects, utilizing its suite of jQuery plugins—often with no writing a unmarried line of code.
• get to grips with Bootstrap’s dossier constitution, grid structures, and box layouts
• examine HTML components for typography, code, tables, types, buttons, photographs, and icons
• layout interfaces and different internet components, equivalent to navigation, breadcrumbs, and customized modal windows
• Use jQuery plugins for beneficial properties resembling revolving slideshows, tabbable interfaces, and dropdown menus
• adjust every thing from column count number to typography shades with the fewer stylesheet language
Read or Download Bootstrap PDF
Best web development books
paintings with JSON, XML, internet sockets to utilize asynchronous programming
large code samples overlaying show four and Socket. IO
the way to method facts with streams and create really expert streams
full of sensible recipes taking you from the fundamentals to extending Node along with your personal modules
Beginning with making your personal net server, the recipes are designed to permit soft development via Node as a way to assist you layout complete net functions, command-line purposes, and Node modules.
There's additionally large insurance on utilizing renowned frameworks akin to exhibit four and Socket. IO, writing your individual Node modules and other ways to take your apps live.
What you'll study from this e-book
Create other kinds of servers
control every kind of knowledge
Interface with numerous databases
Use streams for effective, robust info shuffling
Create real-time apps
Create command-line apps
Write and post your personal modules
paintings with the specific framework
become familiar with the module surroundings
discover with exterior distant APIs
research quite a few safety, encryption, and authentication strategies
In Node Cookbook moment version, every one bankruptcy makes a speciality of a unique point of operating with Node. Following a Cookbook constitution, the recipes are written in an easy-to-understand language. Readers will locate it more straightforward to understand even the advanced recipes that are subsidized via plenty of illustrations, assistance, and hints.
Who this e-book is written for
Post 12 months notice: First released February 1st 2009 (first edition)
Learn find out how to increase REST-style and SOAP-based net companies and consumers with this quickly and thorough advent. This hands-on e-book offers a transparent, pragmatic method of internet prone via supplying an architectural assessment, entire operating code examples, and brief but detailed directions for compiling, deploying, and executing them. You'll how you can write prone from scratch and combine current companies into your Java applications.
With larger emphasis on REST-style prone, this moment version covers HttpServlet, Restlet, and JAX-RS APIs; jQuery consumers opposed to REST-style prone; and JAX-WS for SOAP-based companies. Code samples comprise an Apache Ant script that compiles, programs, and deploys net services.
• study variations and similarities among REST-style and SOAP-based services
• application and convey RESTful internet providers, utilizing Java APIs and implementations
• Write SOAP-based internet prone with an emphasis at the software level
• research the handler and shipping degrees in SOAP-based messaging
• research wire-level defense in HTTP(S), users/roles defense, and WS-Security
• Use a Java software Server (JAS) as a substitute to a standalone internet server
HTML and CSS could be a little daunting at the beginning yet worry no longer. This booklet, in response to Shay Howe's well known workshop covers the fundamentals and breaks down the barrier to access, exhibiting readers how they could begin utilizing HTML and CSS via sensible options this present day. They'll locate accompanying code examples on-line, whereas they discover subject matters resembling different constructions of HTML and CSS, and customary phrases. After setting up a easy realizing of HTML and CSS a deeper dive is taken into the field version and the way to paintings with floats. The e-book contains an workout inquisitive about cleansing up an online web page through bettering the consumer interface and layout, exclusively utilizing HTML and CSS. With a number of speedy alterations the net web page alterations form and springs to existence. Interactive, technically up to the moment and easy-to-understand, this publication will enhance a student's abilities to a pro point.
- The Truth About HTML5 (For Web Designers)
- GIS for Web Developers: Adding 'Where' to Your Web Applications
Extra info for Bootstrap
Images Images | 37 Icons Bootstrap bundles 140 icons into one sprite that can be used with buttons, links, navi‐ gation, and form fields. The icons are provided by GLYPHICONS; see Figure 2-48. Figure 2-48. Icons by GLYPHICONS 38 | Chapter 2: Bootstrap CSS GLYPHICONS Attribution Users of Bootstrap are fortunate to use the GLYPHICONS for free on Bootstrap projects. The developers have asked that you link back to GLYPHICONS when practical. GLYPHICONS Halflings are normally not available for free, but an arrangement between Bootstrap and the GLYPHICONS creators have made this possible at no cost to you as developers.
16 | Chapter 2: Bootstrap CSS Figure 2-11. Definition list To change the
- to a horizontal layout, with the
- on the left side and the
- on the right, simply add class="dl-horizontal" to the opening tag (see Figure 2-12). Figure 2-12. Horizontal definition list Horizontal description lists will truncate terms that are too long to fit in the left column with text-overflow. Additionally, in narrower view‐ ports, they will automatically change to the default stacked layout. Code There are two different key ways to display code with Bootstrap.
Use multiple="multiple" to allow the user to select more than one option. If you only want the user to choose one option, use type="radio": 26 | Chapter 2: Bootstrap CSS Figure 2-27. Select Extended Form Controls In addition to the basic form controls listed in the previous section, Bootstrap offers a few other form components to complement the standard HTML form elements; for example, it lets you easily prepend and append content to inputs.